McKinley Capital Management has its headquarters in Anchorage, Alaska.
AUM as of June 30: $3.8 billion
AUA as of June 30: $433 million
Years won: 2020
3 cool things:
- Hosts a quarterly stock-pick program in which everyone in the firm is invited to pick a stock and track it. The stock with the highest percentage return at quarter end wins $1,000 for the employee.
- Activities committee plans quarterly outings to foster teamwork and camaraderie. Last year, team members went curling, had an all-family holiday decorating party and an after-work event at a microbrewery.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle and work-life balance by providing employees with a paid membership to the fitness center in the firm’s Anchorage office building. The firm also reimburses entry fees for fitness and healthy lifestyle. Members of the plank club meet weekly, in person or virtually, to increase core strength.
- “Freedom to engage and express ourselves out of the circle and limitations of regular job duties.”
- “The firm encourages cross-discipline interaction. There is a focus to tear down walls between departments. This helps the staff to quickly organize groups from different departments to solve problems. It’s helpful, too, in that people learn a bit about other people’s roles and responsibilities.”
- “Leadership exhibits great empathy in staffing/strategic decisions … diversity is embraced, and work-life balance is supported.”