Lord Abbett has its headquarters in Jersey City, New Jersey.
AUM as of June 30: $198.5 billion
U.S. employees: 729
Years won: 2020
In their own words:
“At Lord Abbett people matter. Our vision is to be the most respected asset manager in the world. Our culture is principles-led, performance-oriented and purpose-driven and all that we do is both guided and reflected in our four firm values: excellence, responsibility, transparency and collaboration. One of our cultural principles is 'Dream Big. Work Hard. Have Fun!' and we support our people to find their passion and provide a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive.’’
3 cool things:
- Emphasizes work-life balance, including flexible and remote work, unlimited paid time off, Dress for Your Day and Summer Fridays.
- Bring Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day incorporates educational events for children to begin learning about investing and financial literacy. At Discover Lord Abbett events, college students hear from professionals, including the chief investment officer.
- Provides paid subscriptions to a meditation app. The subsidized on-site cafeteria offers healthy and organic food options.
- “Our leadership has been amazing with the level of communication and transparency during this COVID crisis. I truly feel that they have my best interests at heart.”
- “The organization is going through a ‘cultural revolution,’ working its way out of being a very buttoned-up Wall Street firm to a place where every voice is heard, and a sense of respect is present and where people feel enabled to do their job in a more flexible manner.”
- “Over the past few years, the company has made several changes for the better — casual attire, flexible time off and the ability to work from home more often, even before COVID.”