Legal & General Investment Management America located in Chicago.
AUM: $202 billion
Years won: 2018, 2019
- Provides flexible hours and encourages a work-life balance. Employees receive time off to volunteer and celebrate their birthdays, and primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of paid time off following a child’s birth or adoption.
- Coordinates social activities like a summer party, holiday party, happy hours and team sporting events.
- Provides employees with easy access to the firm’s direct leadership. Everyone, including the firm’s CEO, sits next to each other in an open office environment.
- “We practice what we preach. There is no hierarchical intimidation factor; everyone is treated homogeneously whether you’re fresh out of school or a seasoned professional. Our communicative and candid structure fosters diversity of thought and growth because employees aren’t afraid to ask questions and collaborate.”
- “LGIMA fosters a collaborative working environment that allows for individual growth to occur simultaneously with growth of the firm. The people are engaging, intelligent and driven, bringing out the best in all corners of the firm.”
- “The company truly cares about its employees and strives to make it a place with better work-life balance, more inclusivity and better growth opportunities for all. The ability to have a flat management structure, be nimble, adapt to a changing marketplace, and be customer-centric ensures that the company culture is motivating and inclusive.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy