LeafHouse Financial has its headquarters in Austin, Texas.
AUM as of Dec. 31, 2019: $9.5 billion
Years won: 2020
3 cool things:
- Has impromptu happy hours or other social get-togethers when employees feel the need.
- Celebrates employee milestones in creative ways. This year, the firm used cameo.com to have comedian Norm MacDonald wish an employee happy birthday. When the firm hired its chief operations officer, it got Mark McGrath (from the band Sugar Ray) to congratulate the COO on the new job.
- Is flexible toward employees’ needs, whether it’s switching to a standing desk or offering flexible working hours.
- “Considers you for you, not just another arm and leg to work. Listens to your questions and concerns, then tries to develop solutions to help you reach a resolution. Challenges you to not be complacent, but to push yourself and skills further.”
- “We have a great setup here with so many fun activities. The company recently took the whole firm to San Diego as a reward for a job well done. Who does that? We rented a sailboat and had a great time.”
- “Not only does my team have meetings several times a day to talk about work, but we can also talk about our personal lives. Struggles, personal and work related, are always heard and taken into consideration. I feel supported daily, regardless of the circumstance.”