Intercontinental Real Estate has its headquarters in Boston.
AUM as of June 30: $10.4 billion
Years won: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“Since the company’s founding in 1959, Intercontinental has worked to build a supportive work environment that motivates its employees to strive for individual success and for the success of the company. Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is critical to the executive team at Intercontinental, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, when the virus has transitioned the entire company to working remotely. Now more than ever, Intercontinental’s focus is on the health and wellness of its employees.”
3 cool things:
- Promotes a healthy work-life balance with an on-site company gym and complimentary wellness and athletic training classes.
- Offers summer hours to all employees. This means alternating half days and full days off on Fridays during the summer.
- Hosts several outings and retreats throughout the year. In response to the pandemic, introduced a social calendar that includes optional events such as workouts, happy hours, meditation sessions and virtual cooking classes. The social calendar allows employees to continue to interact with each other while working remotely.
- “Intercontinental is a unique combination of corporate and mom/pop shop. The relationships you build here are genuine. The perks and treatment we get as employees is genuine. Never once are you treated as disposable or as a number in a system — who you are and the work you do is valued.”
- “Leadership has handled the COVID pandemic with grace and supported employees in a way that is above and beyond the call of a corporate employer.”
- “This organization has put the health and safety of its employees above everything. They have communicated a very detailed and safe plan on how we are going to continue through the current health crisis. They have also been very open with how we are doing financially and given us very high confidence in the future of this company.”