Income Research & Management has its headquarters in Boston.
AUM as of June 30: $81.4 billion
Years won: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“We love our clients, the work we do for them and that we get to do it together. We distinguish ourselves with our fixed-income expertise, vibrant, emotionally intelligent, and collaborative culture and private ownership structure. We are passionate about social justice and have revamped our vision, doubled our philanthropic giving and are ramping up our efforts to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded in the fabric of our day-to-day employee experience.’’
3 cool things:
- Company makes a 15% profit-sharing/safe-harbor contribution to employee 401(k) accounts. Employees are eligible to contribute to their 401(k) 30 days after being hired.
- Fun Club regularly kicks off initiatives such as March Madness (employees wear their team shirt and get free pizza), a softball and basketball team, and an annual ski trip.
- Granted three extra days of vacation to be taken in May or June to combat burnout during work from home because of COVID-19. The company also provided a “Night In” on the firm in the form of $150 to be expensed for anything the employee chose.
- “Despite rapid growth, IR&M has maintained a small-firm feel that values its employees. The firm has actively made an effort to maintain its culture.”
- “All levels of the organization have been very flexible with work-life balance, especially given the current circumstances. I have young children at home and my managers have gone out of their way to proactively address concerns I might have.”
- “Even in a pandemic, I still feel connected to and cared for by my co-workers while working from home. IR&M has done a great job of keeping communication elevated during this time and visibility from management continues to be strong.”