Pensions & Investments worked with a leading workplace expert to produce the 2019 Best Places to Work in Money Management list.
Pensions & Investments worked with a leading workplace expert to produce the 2019 Best Places to Work in Money Management list of top companies.
Best Companies Group, Harrisburg, Pa., undertook a two-step process to develop the list, designed to gather detailed data about each organization. To participate, a firm had to have at least 20 employees in the U.S., have at least $100 million of discretionary assets under management or advisement and be in business for at least one year.
In part one, the employer completed a questionnaire about the firm's policies, practices, benefits and demographics. U.S. employment numbers for each firm were then confirmed by Best Companies.
In part two, employees were emailed an engagement and satisfaction survey that consisted of 78 statements. Employees were asked to respond on a 1-to-5 scale of "Disagree Strongly" to "Agree Strongly." Two questions also were asked about what the firm did to make it a place where people wanted to work and other things the company could do to increase employee satisfaction and productivity.
The compiled data allowed Best Companies to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the participating firms. Employee responses accounted for 75% of the total company score, with the employer responses making up the remaining 25%.
For the final step, Best Companies' vice president of market research as well as several other staff members examined the data to verify and finalize the rankings. At P&I's request, participating firms were ranked against others of similar size.
AUM/AUA figures are as of June 30, unless otherwise noted.