Highland Associates located in Birmingham, Alabama.
AUM: $27.2 billion
Years won: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Promotes staff autonomy; employees have flexibility to get their work accomplished in their own way as long as the quality keeps to the firm's high standards.
- Hosts food truck party, birthday celebrations; maintains a fully stocked kitchen.
- Encourages work-life balance, with meetings and staff-only events limited to work hours.
- “We have a nice work environment and are treated professionally and not micromanaged. Good work is recognized and opportunities to learn are always available.”
- “There is a team culture and a non-corporate spirit that comes with being a boutique. It is an entrepreneurial startup mentality, but with the experience and security of a tenured firm.”
- “The people who work here make it a great place to work because they are all so passionate about what they do and maintain a positive attitude. ... The people make it both a productive and enjoyable place to go to work.”
Compiled by Suzanne Cosgrove