Harbert Management has its headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama.
AUM as of June 30: $7.7 billion
Years won: 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“HMC has established itself as a company that cares equally for its clients as well as its employees. A vibrant, committed, trust-driven culture has been cultivated. Top of the line technology, resources, benefits and programs are provided to every employee. The emphasis on community and service sets HMC apart from other investment companies. The emphasis on employee development, well-being and growth makes HMC a best place to work.’’
3 cool things:
- The employee-run HERO Foundation provides direct financial or other appropriate assistance to individuals or families in crisis. Most recently, relief grants of more than $1 million were given to small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Health and wellness initiatives include standing desks, which are offered to all employees, as are annual flu vaccinations, monthly B12 shots and free parking for all employees. Wellness programs include CPR training and work-life balance seminars.
- The company supports the organizations that its employees support, sponsoring events, tables or teams for local charity fundraisers according to employee requests. Tickets purchased for events are shared with employees so they can participate.
- “Our insurance and benefits are wonderful, but they go above and beyond. They pay for our parking, we have break rooms stocked with healthy snacks and drinks, we are provided with monthly themed socials with food and prizes, they allow team-building activities, we have a wonderful program called HERO that allows us to do community outreach, (and) an amazing Christmas party where they recognize employee achievements.”
- “The HMC team is made up of incredible people who are equally talented as they are moral and kind. Co-workers are more like friends and family! COVID has made how terrific HMC is to their team members even more evident. They have protected us from the beginning and working from home is without pressure to return to the office.”
- “It is a hardworking, hard-driving place that is focused on growth and providing great investment returns. That noted, it is a collegial and respectful place where employees and people are valued.”