Harbert Management located in Birmingham, Alabama.
AUM: $6.4 billion
Years won: 2019
- Treats employees to tasty food and beverages. Themed monthly socials offer a chance to socialize and enjoy delicious food. Employees get healthy snacks, bottled water, drinks and coffee daily.
- Has a strong focus on giving back. Since 1998, Harbert’s HERO Foundation (Harbert Employees Reaching Out) has raised about $4.5 million and made about $3.3 million in grants for the firm’s communities. Employee-run volunteer projects include a golf tournament, Meals on Wheels, an Easter egg hunt and a Christmas toy drive.
- Brings employees together for companywide events like holiday parties, Topgolf outings and rooftop cocktails at a local historic hotel.
- “HMC has a very supportive environment. Fellow employees are very proactive in reaching out to other employees in times of need or stress. We collectively manage our workloads and support each other through the busy times.”
- “HMC events, fundraisers, our in-house charitable organization, as well as health-conscious incentives have created an employee-focused culture. Achievement is recognized and milestones are celebrated. Continuing education is supported on every level.”
- “There is always laughter in the hallways and people are more than happy to lend a hand when needed. There is a full kitchen and a wonderful chef who often provides us with pop-up treats and amazing meals.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy