Hamilton Lane Advisors located in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania.
AUM/AUS: $473 billion
Years won: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Encourages a healthy work-life balance no matter employees’ roles or titles. The office closes early on summer Fridays. Also offers meditation sessions, shiatsu chair massages, yoga classes, an annual walking challenge, nutritional counseling and paid time off to volunteer.
- Provides catered lunches every Monday to encourage networking and enhance camaraderie.
- Restructured how it approaches compensation in response to employee suggestions, creating a more transparent, structured and competency-based model. The firm also launched a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- “The people I interact with are down-to-earth. They know how to get things done and have a sense of urgency with their work, yet they take time to chat and have fun.”
- “The firm fosters a culture that allows employees to be themselves. There’s no requirement to align with a certain behavior that adheres to the cultural norm. Having that openness allows the firm to develop a unique and diverse culture among various teams and groups.”
- “There is a certain amount of freedom here to introduce new ways of solving old problems and an openness to new ways to grow our business. Senior leadership seems to sincerely care about the individuals here.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy