Garcia Hamilton & Associates has its headquarters in Houston.
AUM as of June 30: $16 billion
Years won: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
3 cool things:
- Matches individual donations made by eligible employees to non-profit groups or educational institutions of their choice, matching up to $2,500 per employee per calendar year.
- To lighten the mood during the pandemic, the firm ramped up the number of themed dress-up events, which included an ’80s day, “Star Wars” day, ’70s day and others. The firm also increased the number of fun initiatives for those in the office such as an onion-eating challenge, with prizes and other games.
- Sent deliveries of surprise cookies, chocolate-covered fruit, or cupcakes to the office and special deliveries to the homes of employees working remotely.
- “Your voice is heard. You are looked to for solutions. Excellent compensation and benefits. Though we work in an extremely stressful industry, we still find time to have fun with regular social outings.”
- “Promotes diversity and allows opportunities to grow in your role.”
- “GH&A being a small business with less than 40 employees and being employee-owned means the work you put in you will see in the growth of the firm. When the firm does well we all do well. … To be able to see something grow and continuously change for the better feels good to be a part of. Not to mention we receive great pay, bonuses and insurance is paid for.”