Cushing Asset Management located in Dallas.
AUM: $2.7 billion
Years won: 2019
- Offers an open vacation policy, with no limits for vacation time off or sick days.
- Hosts quarterly employee birthday parties, semiannual family parties, catered lunches for the staff, and provides prizes during the March Madness tournament.
- Fully funds insurance coverage for employees and their dependents, including 100% funding of health savings accounts for employees who choose high-deductible health insurance plans; matches retirement plan contributions 50% to the maximum allowable limit; pays all expenses for graduate education, including an MBA degree and a masters degree in tax; and pays for professional certifications, such as the CFA and CAIA designations.
- “What sets Cushing apart is the way we operate as a very close-knit team. We work hard as an organization and because we are a smaller firm we all help each other and pinch-hit when needed.”
- “They really try to figure out what perks employees would like and help with that! This year, because we moved offices and no longer have access to a free gym, they pay for us to each have a membership at the gym by our new office. Little things like that make you feel appreciated by management.”
- “Amazing work-life balance. Great colleagues make it extremely enjoyable.”
Compiled by Suzanne Cosgrove