Cohen & Steers has its headquarters in New York City.
AUM as of June 30: $66.3 billion
Years won: 2020
3 cool things:
- Provides a 50% match of employee’s 401(k) contribution up to the IRS limit. Partners with Charles Schwab and other outside advisers to offer employees programs focused on financial literacy, estate planning and best practices for retirement.
- Summer Fridays: Employees are able to sign off early each Friday during the summer to help maintain work-life balance and strong mental health.
- Offers education assistance and certification programs. Additionally, CNS University holds sessions for employees to learn from colleagues about roles and business strategies.
- “Firm is structured such that no single person or group is required to perform a single task repetitively. As such, the opportunity to build a diverse set of skills is there for all employees.”
- “Cohen & Steers has invested heavily in the company’s culture by creating several committees dealing with a range of initiatives such as charitable giving, volunteerism and women’s issues.”
- “During the recent pandemic, senior leaders announced there would be no layoffs and that we’ll continue to invest and grow. This year the firm introduced a new internal communications program and senior leader monthly town halls that increased communication and updates. The return-to-office committee has led with employee safety as the key concern.”