California State Teachers’ Retirement System has its headquarters in West Sacramento, California.
AUM as of June 30: $246 billion
Years won: 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
3 cool things:
- Offers a wide range of in-house training programs and courses to fit all stages of a staff member’s career. Leadership supports staff efforts to meet career goals with career-related training reimbursement.
- Promotes fitness and health though organization-wide activities, including May Bike Month, the StepJockey app that encourages movement throughout the day, programs to help quit smoking, walking workstations and a free on-site gym.
- Individuals who deliver a superior, sustained performance with demonstrated impact on the organization are awarded a crystal trophy, a $500 monetary award and a gala reception celebration that includes executive staff.
- “CalSTRS promotes work-life balance and gives you an opportunity to grow and move forward with your career.”
- “Our culture of hard work, yet having time to laugh, is our secret sauce to our investment performance. Our people are viewed as the most important asset, more important than the NAV.”
- “Pays for some career and education development opportunities. We have a connection and familiarity with our executives, good solid core values and culture, and we are encouraged to do our best.”