Bridgeway Capital Management has its headquarters in Houston
AUM as of June 30: $5 billion
Years won: 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“Bridgeway’s commitment to its people creates a rare work environment that encourages and supports intellectual freedom, innovation and a strong commitment back from colleagues. We demonstrate this level of commitment by donating 50% of our profits to non-profit organizations. We are committed to transformative change for our company and the communities in which we live and work. This focus brings inspiration and motivation to do our best for investors every day.”
3 cool things:
- Has a culture of philanthropy. Bridgeway contributes 50% of its earnings to non-profit and service organizations. The firm also provides generous matching options, permits employees to serve in the community in any capacity they choose during the workday, covers 50% of charitable service trip expenses for employees and their family members, and provides additional paid time to travel globally to serve.
- Hosts periodic appreciation trips for team members and their families. The last trip was in 2018 to Grand Cayman, and all colleagues and their families participated.
- Sponsors company outings including sporting events and happy hours along with special celebrations, such as Pi Day, a chili cookout competition, a virtual family talent show, and pumpkin carving.
- “Because it’s a relatively flat organization, all staff opinions are valued and senior management does a good job of creating opportunities to hear from everyone. The sense of purpose in the firm is also palpable — ‘results for investors, returns for humanity’ has become a mantra that fits with every intention and action.”
- “People are truly valued, both as workers and as people. There is ample opportunity to do innovative work and contribute; it is not concentrated at the top.”
- “Partners truly care for each other. We care about society and others. It’s why BCM was established — to give back.”