Brandywine Global Investment Management located in Philadelphia.
AUM: $76.7 billion
Years won: 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Encourages employees to work hard but also have fun with themed luncheons, after-hours receptions, holiday and other celebrations.
- Shows appreciation for employees with generous perks and benefits. Aims to promote health and stress relief with standing desks, optimized natural lighting, quiet rooms, huddle rooms, a cafe-style town center and muted acoustics. Employees also have access to on-site subsidized lunches from some of Philadelphia’s best lunch spots along with on-site subsidized grab-and-go snack and drink options that are updated with healthy choices weekly.
- Provides an environment that is intellectually stimulating with the opportunity to do meaningful work that is valued. Brandywine emphasizes ongoing employee development with quarterly check-ins between employees and supervisors and educational reimbursement.
- “There is a culture around rewarding employees as a whole to recognize the hard work of ALL the employees. Whether it is bringing in treats or additional jeans days or after-work events, there is always something going on to thank the employees.”
- “The organization provides good benefits and has taken steps to make this a comfortable place to work through gathering/meeting places; food and beverage options; and special, fun events. The atmosphere ... is generally a fun, congenial environment.”
- “Invests well in its staff. There is always an opportunity to learn more internally or attend externally. The workload is manageable and unlike prior companies where I worked, the focus on work-life balance is not just something the firm talks about; it is something that is delivered upon.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy