Blue Vista Capital Management has its headquarters in Chicago.
AUM as of June 30: $4.5 billion
Years won: 2020
3 cool things:
- Two summer outings are planned by the newest employees to engage the staff. One example: A Chicago boat ride to Chinatown to eat and play karaoke. On Fridays during the summer, the office closes at 2:30 p.m.
- Told employees that they won’t be required to return to the office until a vaccine is created and proven to be effective. Increased technical support to resolve at-home technology questions. Added twice monthly all-staff Zoom calls to help staff stay informed and engaged.
- Matches the first 4% of an employee’s 401(k) contributions.
- “There are rigorous standards and processes for recruiting people who are a good fit to work together. The result is very good collaboration, shared ambition, high retention and levels of engagement.”
- “There is an annual group trip to Aspen where we’re able to spend time playing games by night and skiing together by day. This allows you to get to know the colleagues you wouldn’t typically work with.”
- “Management isn’t satisfied with the ‘this is the way it's always been done’ mentality, but strives to grow and improve as the company grows and the economic environment changes.”