Beach Point Capital Management has its headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
AUM as of June 30: $13.7 billion
Years won: 2020
3 cool things:
- Catered lunch twice a week for staff members in all offices. Employees eat together in conference rooms or outside patios, giving them a break from the day and promoting friendly conversation.
- Hosts annual beach days and weekend retreats for employees and their families to spend time together outside the office, which promotes team bonding, relaxation and a break from the everyday routine.
- Offers opportunities for continued learning, including employee development and cross-training. Each summer, senior staff hosts internal training sessions to provide team members the ability to learn new skills and how different departments work.
- “Beach Point has been successful in engaging and retaining its employees by putting enormous care in hiring and promoting individuals that are not only smart and ambitious, but are also humble, kind, and willing to learn and evolve.”
- “While there are definitely supervisors and managers, the organization feels relatively flat. I feel comfortable voicing opinions and suggestions and feel colleagues are respectful and receptive to one another.”
- “The co-CEOs send a weekly firmwide note celebrating employees’ achievements in and outside of work — from hard work behind the scenes in accounting to teacher certification in yoga — that connect an individual’s daily work to a shared mission.”