Balentine located in Atlanta.
AUM: $2.6 billion
Years won: 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Hosts family fun events, including an annual Halloween party. Last year, the company extended the Halloween guest list to include employees’ pets.
- Sponsors two firmwide volunteer days each year coordinated to bring employees together across departments to donate their time teaching financial literacy in the community, provide meals for the needy or to collect gifts ahead of the holidays. The firm also gives each employee eight hours of paid “volunteer time off” each year to work with a non-profit organization of the employee’s choice.
- Provides paid days off to study for continuing education classes and industry exams, including five paid days off directly ahead of CFA and CFP exams, and fully reimburses course fees, exam fees and the cost of study materials.
- “The organization does an excellent job of making sure every employee understands the vision and where they fit in. Leadership is constantly striving to improve and encourages input.”
- “They have a very strong culture where people can communicate openly about issues, the office is very nice in a good location, the pay is fair, and they are very open about how the bonuses are calculated.”
- “The caliber of people here makes us all perform at our best. There is also a lot of growth opportunity within the firm. We are not siloed to our departments or even our current roles. Leadership encourages us to spread our wings, raise our hands to ‘participate in the enterprise’ as our Balentine Behaviors say.”
Compiled by Suzanne Cosgrove