Bailard has its headquarters in Foster City, California.
AUM as of June 30: $3.8 billion
Years won: 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“An independent firm since our founding in 1969, Bailard stands committed to our values and, most importantly, our clients. The pursuit of excellence — as a manager, partner and employer — drives everything we do. We believe in accountability, respect, courage, diversity, and in balancing innovation and stability. And those values manifest in our compassionate, high-touch service; our firmwide intellectual curiosity and deep industry expertise; and in our transparency with both clients and colleagues. Empathy is not a hindrance, nor is it incompatible with risk and investing. In fact, we think it provides an edge.”
3 cool things:
- Provides a paid six-week sabbatical for every seven years of service.
- Makes available education assistance with paid study days.
- Recognizes employees with Oasis Awards for exceptional achievement, Longevity Awards for tenure and Movers & Shakers for ad hoc or under the radar achievements.
- “The open-door policy literally means we have no doors in our main office. The CEO and COO sit in cubes.”
- “Bailard balances the needs of clients, employees and shareholders with an enlightened hand, recognizing the engagement of all of these is required for the firm’s success.”
- “We are never penalized or made to feel bad if an error occurs. We work together to make the problem right, figure out how not to repeat the same mistake and then we move on.”