Ariel Investments has its headquarters in Chicago.
AUM as of June 30: $11.4 billion
Years won: 2017, 2020
3 cool things:
- Ariel pays 100% of all health-care premiums – medical, dental, vision, long- and short-term disability insurance. It also funds employees’ deductibles with an HSA contribution.
- Offers workers an unlimited number of sick days after one year of employment. Employees also can use those sick days to care for an ill dependent. Also gives paid time off for community service or volunteer work.
- Employee recognition committee hosts quarterly events to relieve workday stress, including smoothie and hot-chocolate breaks.
- “Many firms’ values are aspirational. Ariel Investments lives their values every day. People are working toward a common goal to make Ariel Investments a top asset management firm. They believe very deeply in helping the community and commit time, money and resources to that every day. I am proud to work at Ariel.’’
- “The firm embodies diversity and inclusion at every level and that was on full display after the murder of George Floyd. I loved that Ariel was a place where people could be comfortable having uncomfortable conversations and that our leaders were talking openly about the need for society to address systemic racism and inequality. Having diverse leadership mattered at that very important moment.”
- “Ariel Investments does a great job at making everyone feel connected and committed to its underlying goal. The overwhelming sense of teamwork and collaboration is widely felt throughout your day-to-day work.‘‘