AQR Capital Management has its headquarters in Greenwich, Connecticut.
AUM as of June 30: $141 billion
U.S. employees: 648
Years won: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“AQR truly cares about its employees, invests in their development, and provides opportunities to connect and grow in even the most challenging times. The firm prioritized the health and safety of employees, moving everyone to work from home early in the pandemic, and kept employees engaged through networks and virtual events. Quanta, our learning and development institute, offered leadership workshops on managing teams remotely and well-being programs, like building resilience. At all times, AQR fosters an inclusive environment where all employees have a true sense of belonging.”
3 cool things:
- The firm’s learning and development program offers hundreds of classes for professional and personal growth in three areas: technical skills and knowledge, leadership and management, and personal well-being.
- Provides 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, on-site breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
- Held virtual events for its Women’s Initiative Network on topics such as finding balance, a series of Pride Chats to connect the AQR Pride community and NYC Chats for employees living in New York during COVID-19. In its new “What We Are” series, employees shared the things they found comfort in during this time, like the books they are reading, the podcasts they are listening to, and the shows they are watching.
- “AQR is a leader in the quantitative investment management space. There is a unified mission to sort through the noise of short-term dynamics in favor of long-term forces that move markets.”
- “During the pandemic, AQR is also hosting virtual social events. This week we watched a cooking demonstration, and there’s a mixology demonstration scheduled.”
- “AQR takes a proactive interest in continually investing in its employees through a world-class training program, annual review process and work environment.”