AFL-CIO Housing Investment Trust located in Washington, D.C.
AUM: $6.4 billion
Years won: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Supports caregivers, including paid parental leave for mothers and fathers after the birth or adoption of a child, and provides a paid family leave policy that covers employees who care for spouses, parents and other dependents.
- Pays for employee health care, including medical and dental coverage, with free wellness visits and emergency room care.
- Matches employees’ 401(k) contributions up to $6,000, with employee and employer contributions fully vesting on the first day of hire.
- “I love the fact that our company finances affordable and workforce housing that rebuilds communities all over the country and creates union construction jobs.”
- “Training as needed; benefits are wonderful for me and my family; and we have a very caring CEO and upper management staff!”
- “The leadership around the organization motivates and excites their stakeholders.”
Compiled by Suzanne Cosgrove