Aetos Alternatives Management has its headquarters in New York City.
AUM as of June 30: $8.9 billion
Years won: 2020
3 cool things:
- Has an uncapped matching donation program for COVID-19 and social justice initiatives and gives employees additional leave to volunteer for those causes. Other charitable initiatives have included providing holiday gifts, backpacks and school supplies to children in need.
- Promotes a strong work-life balance by giving team members the flexibility to fulfill outside interests and obligations. For instance, when an employee had the opportunity to become a professional rower, Aetos provided her with flexibility to work remotely while training, financially sponsored her boat, and cheered her on in the 2019 World Rowing Championships.
- Provides opportunities to relieve workday stress and have fun, such as Travel Bingo. To lighten the mood for team members who experience travel issues, employees claim a square on a board for types of travel problems. Each time a team member achieves a certain number of squares, Aetos makes a charitable donation.
- “I think valuing diversity and people’s opinions are what makes it such a great place, particularly at a time when there is so much division in our country. I feel that I can be myself and will be valued for who I am. That’s very important to me.”
- “Senior management is incredibly approachable and interesting. Every time I am in a meeting with our CIO or deputy CIO, I learn something. Three months in, our CIO knew as much about me as the CIO in my last job who I worked with every day for six years.’’
- “Aetos is led by founders who care so fundamentally about the individuals working for them that it feels like a family. Paying themselves little or not at all in lean years to make sure employees are still well taken care of is just one example.”