AAM Insurance Investment Management has its headquarters in Chicago.
AUM: $28 billion as of June 30
Years won: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
3 cool things:
- Provides free gym access and the flexibility to exercise during business hours.
- Encourages work-life balance, sponsors an annual Kids Day and encourages community involvement by mentoring minority students, packing meals and sponsoring families for the holidays.
- In response to COVID-19, employees were provided with an additional 10 sick days this year and the work from home policy was expanded. The vacation carryover policy also was extended this year to allow employees a few more months to use days that had been carried over from the previous year, and the flexible spending account policy was amended to allow contribution adjustments midyear.
- “Leaders at the company take a vested interest in the development and well-being of employees. I find that I don’t need to speak up for someone to look out for my best interests. My supervisor and other colleagues that I work with genuinely care about me and each other.”
- The company “treats employees fairly and there is a high level of transparency and honesty where everyone knows how they’re doing and what they may hope to achieve.”
- “The ability for each employee to contribute to the success of the organization through innovation and idea generation is very compelling. Employee ownership contributes to a sense of team and shared values.”