AUM: $61.6 billion
Years won: 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Category: Money managers with 100 to 499 employees
• Supports employee interests, such as providing a television and food for March Madness NCAA basketball games; gives employees one paid day off per year to volunteer for a charity of their choice; and sponsors affinity groups, including a Women's Alliance, a Veterans Alliance and a Pride Alliance for LGBT employees.
• Follows a "dress for your day" philosophy, which gives the staff the flexibility to choose office attire, from casual to business, based on roles and responsibilities.
• Supports employee development with programming that includes lunch-and-learn sessions and "Courageous Conversations," a quarterly series of workshops, inspirational talks and in-depth learning sessions.
• "It's like a good baseball team where everybody is friends. I love being part of the wonderful and talented team that is William Blair."
• "Signature lines and business cards don't have titles because everyone is treated the same and they include all levels of the firm/department in events no matter what level of employee you are."
• "The amazing new office building is a really nice perk to working here."