Chevy Chase, Md.
AUM: $4 billion
Years won: 2018
Category: Money managers with 20 to 49 employees
• Promotes healthy living and philanthropy by participating in a day-long athletic competition and fundraiser with other members of the Washington-area real estate community; hosts two month-long fitness challenges for employees annually.
• Connects with employees' families by hosting Halloween and gingerbread-making parties and sending gift baskets to celebrate new babies.
• Hosts regular lunch-and-learns, which have included ESG policies and IT security. An upcoming topic is trends and forecasts in online gaming.
• Artemis "values input from employees and provides feedback when suggestions are not implemented to share the context as to why certain decisions were made."
• There is "good access to the executives who are constantly setting and updating goals and targets. (The) friendly work environment makes people want to go the extra mile."
• "Artemis is focused on creating an environment that is open (to) all perspectives. … There is an expectation of performance, as well as an expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and courtesy."
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy and Trilbe Wynne