AUM: $35.5 billion
Years won: 2018
Category: Money managers with 100 to 499 employees
• Hosts monthly social events to encourage work-life balance, such as pingpong tournaments, a St. Patrick's Day lunch, an annual "ugly sweater" holiday party, White Sox baseball games, Halloween trick-or-treat with employees' kids and summer happy hours; and promotes social interaction among teams through a staff-run social committee that operates an office coffee cart.
• Equips the office with standing desks, wellness rooms, collaboration rooms, respite/quiet spaces and an on-site cafe.
• Sponsors a charitable gift-matching program for all employees, as well as "Donations for Doers," which provides grants to philanthropic organizations where the staff has donated significant volunteer time or board participation.
• "They really care about their employees and want people to be happy and stay here long term."
• "From day one, I felt valued and welcomed as an employee. Peers went out of their way to introduce me to others and help me understand how everyone works together within the organization."
• "I have worked at ASP for over 12 years and have loved every minute. The people, the work, the energy are second to none."