AUM: $5.1 billion
Years won: 2018
Category: Money managers with 50 to 99 employees
• Supports a culture of philanthropy, including an annual firm-sponsored trip to aid Haiti; a biannual local volunteer event where all employees are encouraged to participate and serve charitable organizations in the Houston community; and all employees are given two business days off per year to volunteer at the organization of their choice.
• Maintains an open-door policy, giving employees at all levels access to the leadership team.
• Contributes 7% annually to employees' 401(k) accounts automatically, even for employees who do not elect to contribute their own money.
• "I feel upper management and supervisory-level management truly believe in an open-door policy. If an employee has a question or an idea, they can go straight to the top to ask it or present it without any hesitation."
• "This organization is a for-profit, financial firm but employees are treated as family. The management of the firm truly cares about each employee and is concerned with not just their professional well-being, but their personal well-being also. If someone needs assistance at work or home, this firm steps up and provides that help."
• "This organization is family-oriented and makes it easy to balance work-personal life. We are able to have fun and still be productive at work."