Bala Cynwyd, Pa.
AUM: $56 billion
AUS: $414 billion
Years won: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Category: Money managers with 100 to 499 employees
• Supports career development through online custom learning modules and interdepartmental committees that give employees the opportunity to learn, connect and collaborate with one another.
• Sponsors employee-driven initiatives, such as the Diversity & Inclusion Council, to expand opportunities at the firm; HL Women's Exchange, to enable networking and support career development; HL in Action, to facilitate and encourage volunteer opportunities; HL Well, to support employee well-being; and provides paid time off for employee teams to volunteer at charitable organizations.
• Closes the office at 3 p.m. on Fridays during the summer to support a healthy work-life balance for all employees; and provides family support through backup child-care assistance, paid time off for new parents, 12 weeks of primary caregiver leave, pays for a "store and ship" program for nursing mothers who travel for business, and offers adoption assistance and infertility resources.
• "The company has a culture that is truly unique. It's an environment where people seem to genuinely appreciate the value that others bring to the table. There is a genuine interest in the development of employees and a constant push to improve ourselves."
• "It's a very positive, constructive, friendly environment."
• "From the annual off-site to Monday lunches, the company embraces an atmosphere to allow employees to connect at a more personal level than just a work relationship."
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy and Trilbe Wynne