AUM: $17.2 billion as of Sept. 30
Years won: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Category: Money managers with 100 to 499 employees
• Provides professional development courses and programming to encourage personal well-being through "Harrison Street University."
• Supports work-life balance by providing matching funds for dependent care, allows employees to leave the office at 2 p.m. on the workday before holidays, at noon on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and allows employees to work from home between Christmas and New Year's Day.
• Hosts monthly birthday celebrations; provides lunch for the staff on the last Thursday of each month; and stocks an on-site game room with pingpong, shuffleboard, darts, NBA Jam and an Apple TV.
• "Its initiatives to make the organization a great place to work aren't just lip service to get on a list (although recognition is nice). They genuinely want the employees to be satisfied in all aspects of their job."
• "It's incredibly cooperative and welcoming. There is always room for your opinion and you will be valued, no matter the level."
• "It is the perfect balance between people who want to work hard and progress toward a goal, but also want to savor life when the time is right."