AUM: $59.5 billion
Years won: 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018
Category: Money managers with 100 to 499 employees
• Promotes a collegial workplace through team fitness challenges among employees across offices and an annual "Take Your Kids to Work Day" program that includes a catered breakfast, presentations designed for the staff's children, child-oriented tasks related to the real estate industry, a scavenger hunt and a catered lunch.
• Encourages networking across departments and roles through monthly happy hours hosted by senior management at an on-site cafe; social events including Whirlyball and pingpong tournaments that bring newly hired analysts together with the current staff, including members of the leadership team; and philanthropic events such as a charity bike ride in which employees raise funds to fight cancer.
• Hosts biennial all-employee symposiums at its headquarters, with simultaneous webcasts to staff across North America, to promote the firm's diversity and inclusion initiatives, followed in proceeding years by workshops and training sessions that reinforce symposium themes, such as avoiding gender bias in the workplace, and fair and effective interview strategies for hiring managers.
• "The work-life balance is strong, offering ample time to spend at home with family and allowing flexibility to work remotely."
• "Hires great people that are friendly, fun to work with, smart; and encourages people to get to know each other on a personal level."
• "Employees are constantly being told that we are important to the firm and the way we are treated; I truly believe they are sincere."