AUM: $111.6 billion
Years won: 2018
Category: Money managers with 100 to 499 employees
• Reimburses 100% of job-related education expenses, including MBA tuition; covers exam fees and courses for CFA programs; and pays Microsoft certification expenses for tech employees.
• Sponsors the "Board Corps" development program to prepare staff members who are interested in joining not-for-profit boards in the Chicago community.
• Supports the charitable giving of all employees with a 2:1 matching program, made year-to-date Nov. 16 donations of $545,000 to employee-supported organizations in 2018, while the staff donated 1,079 hours of volunteer time.
• "The organization is very focused on the community and charitable giving. And I have always (for 23 years) felt that it provides a very good work-life balance."
• "Very collaborative and collegial culture. Long tenure of employees is a testament to that culture."
• "I admire so many of my colleagues, not only for their roles at PPM, but as people."
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy and Trilbe Wynne