AUM: $593.3 billion under management and administration
Years won: 2018
Category: Money managers with 100 to 499 employees
• Contributes 10% of base salary to each employee's retirement account annually; makes an additional profit-sharing contribution determined by the firm each year, which has historically been about 2%; makes an additional 50% match of up to 6% of employee contributions, within regulatory limits; and rewards employees with an annual cash bonus.
• Supports work-life balance with 16 weeks of parental leave for primary caregivers and provides two weeks of leave for secondary caregivers; allows employees to take up to 15 hours of paid time off for volunteer activities and matches up to $6,000 annually in charitable donations for each employee.
• Encourages development by providing 100% reimbursement for job-related education, including MBA programs, CFA exams and other securities industry certification programs; sponsors training and development courses; and sponsors employee resource groups to foster communication and networking across diverse interests and backgrounds.
• "There is a flat hierarchical structure that encourages collaboration and camaraderie. You are provided ample room to learn, grow, make mistakes and ultimately succeed."
• "This company does want employees to improve and move up within the company, as shown by its continuing education programs and employee promotions."
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy and Trilbe Wynne