Norfolk County Retirement System, Canton, Mass., is searching for money managers to run a total of about $514 million, according to 10 RFPs posted on the website of Wainwright Investment Counsel, the $1 billion pension fund's investment consultant.
The pension fund issued RFPs with due dates ranging from Oct. 22 to Nov. 14, all at 2 p.m. EDT or EST. The names of current managers, and whether they are invited to rebid, could not be immediately learned. The RFPs, their approximate portfolio sizes and proposal due dates are:
- International developed market equities, $115 million, Oct. 24.
- Opportunistic fixed income (no hedge funds, private vehicles or illiquid fixed-income proposals accepted), $100 million, Nov. 14.
- Active or passive domestic large-cap value equities, $65 million, Oct. 26.
- Emerging markets equities, $60 million, Oct. 22.
- Domestic small-cap value equities, $44 million, Nov. 5.
- Open-end core U.S. real estate, $43 million, Nov. 9.
- Passive domestic large-cap growth equities, $35 million, Oct. 29.
- Domestic midcap growth equities, $22 million, Nov. 2.
- Domestic microcap value equities, $15 million, Nov. 7.
- Closed-end U.S. value-added real estate, $15 million, Nov. 12.
The RFPs are available on Wainwright's website. Registration is required.
Kathleen Kiely-Becchetti, executive director of the retirement system, was not available to provide further information. Gus Aristizabal, director of research, and Alejandro Eguren, analyst, both at Wainwright, could not be immediately reached to provide further information.