Insight Venture Partners completed fundraising for its growth equity fund, Insight Venture Partners Fund X.
The fund closed with $6.3 billion in capital commitments, a news release issued by the company said. Fund X will invest in growth-stage software, software-enabled services and internet businesses.
Insight Venture Partners' previous growth buyout fund, Fund IX, closed with roughly $5 billion in 2015.
Investors in the fund include:
- the $356.6 billion California Public Employees' Retirement System, Sacramento.
- $201.3 billion New York State Common Retirement Fund, Albany.
- $67 billion Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board, Boston.
- $62.8 billion Alaska Permanent Fund Corp., Juneau; the $60.2 billion Michigan Retirement Systems, East Lansing.
- $54.1 billion Pennsylvania Public School Employees' Retirement System, Harrisburg.
- $23 billion San Francisco City & County Employees' Retirement System.
- $21.5 billion Los Angeles Fire & Police Pension System.
- $11 billion Louisiana State Employees' Retirement System, Baton Rouge.
- $5.3 billion Ventura County (Calif.) Employees' Retirement Association.
A spokesman for Insight Venture Partners could not be immediately reached for comment.