Searches and Hires

United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund seeks risk consultant

United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund, New York, is searching for a risk consultant, according to an RFP posted on the U.N.'s procurement division website.

The $64.3 billion pension fund is seeking a consultant to advise the pension fund's investment management division on "strengthening the fund's ability to apply sound risk measurement, analysis and risk management oversight," according to the RFP. The consultant will do so on a non-discretionary basis. Whether the division currently has a risk consultant could not be immediately learned.

According to the RFP, about 85% of the pension fund's assets are internally managed, with the remaining 15% invested among external small-cap equity, real assets and alternative investment money managers.

The RFP is available on the U.N.'s procurement division website. Proposals are due June 13. A timeline for a decision was not provided.

Noel Mazzucco, procurement division representative, could not be immediately reached to provide further information.