$23.6 billion AUM
Years won: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Celebrates employee achievements with public recognition that includes the annual “Silver Whistle” award for a single outstanding individual who reflects the firm's values; the “Wizards of Westwood” award for the investment team with the best peer ranking for the calendar year; and the “Warriors of Westwood” award in which the executive team recognizes contributions that impact the strategic direction of the firm.
- Operates an on-site “idea lab” that brings colleagues together in a collaborative work space; cloud-based technology allows employees to collaborate in real time regardless of their locations.
- Provides an “all hands” area with comfortable sofas and a long community table.
- “It strives to get employees involved in the community and hosts events to build camaraderie and keep the small company/family element even as we grow.”
- “The office shakes things up regularly: early dismissals for holidays like Halloween, chili cook-offs and birthday celebrations with games, etc. Although these events seem inconsequential, it makes the atmosphere of the office more fun and makes me look forward to coming to work.”
- “Westwood has a very welcoming culture. From my first day, the company focused on creating a sense of teamwork across all departments.”