Additional winners, managers with 1,000 or more employees
Des Moines, Iowa
$445.5 billion AUM
Years won: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Provides a 30,000-square-foot, on-site free health club for employees and their families seven days per week with personal trainers, a yoga studio, a steam room, a cycling studio, group fitness classes and massage therapists.
- Dedicates two weeks annually to “Development Weeks,” a program that features senior leaders along with employees from all levels of the organization as both presenters and panel members. The agenda features business-oriented topics as well as sessions geared toward personal improvement.
- Provides employee autonomy to change their schedules to meet outside commitments, including medical appointments and caring for a sick child; employees can work with the team to adjust their office hours on an ongoing basis.
- “I can work as independently as I need and want to. Very flexible environment for work-life balance.”
- “On a personal level, people care for each other and genuinely want each other to enjoy their jobs, and enjoy their lives. The firm has been very supportive of employees experiencing any sort of outside personal issue.”
- “They truly want you to work hard and yet take ample time for yourself and/or your family.”