Additional winners, alternative managers
$1.3 billion AUM (as of Sept. 30)
Years won: 2016
- Provides a “take it as you need it” unlimited vacation policy to empower employees to find their best work/life balance.
- Makes all employees firm owners and openly shares the operating details, including business initiatives, strategies and financial results with the entire staff at quarterly town hall meetings.
- Maintains a flat management structure, in which individual ideas are valued based on merit rather than tenure or rank, which gives each employee the freedom to create and produce new products or improve existing ones.
- “We have the freedom to achieve our tasks without any micro-management.”
- “361 Capital is a place where we all know each other, professionally at work and personally, outside of work. The atmosphere that we have created puts everyone on the same page and working together to achieve the same goal.”
- “If you walked into the office today you wouldn't be able to recognize our CEO from the newest investment analyst.”