Additional winners, managers with 100 to 499 employees Dallas
$21.3 billion AUM (as of Sept. 30)
Years won: 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Holds celebrations throughout the year, including employment anniversary parties, employee birthdays celebrations and an annual holiday gathering at which employees can win gifts such as iPads, television sets or Apple Watches.
- Features an “Idea Lab” that encourages employees to collaborate on business challenges, investment ideas, marketing concepts or product development plans in an informal setting that may lead to more open dialogue and lateral thinking.
- Supports ongoing employee volunteerism for charitable beneficiaries, such as Habitat for Humanity, for which employees spent weeks building homes using supplies purchased by the firm. Employees also volunteer at The Stewpot, where they spend time throughout the year helping Dallas' homeless population.
- “The charitable and volunteer efforts done by the organization make me proud to work here.”
- “Fierce debate over each investment idea is encouraged though handled respectfully and thoughtfully. I love working at Westwood.”
- “Employees' personal lives are valued above work lives, meaning the firm is very flexible, understanding, and accommodating to employees' personal needs.”