Texas County & District Retirement System, Austin, invested a total of $430 million in seven existing hedge funds year-to-date through Nov. 1, a recently updated transaction report on the $24.7 billion fund's website showed.
Additional allocations to hedge funds were:
- Silver Point Capital Fund, $75 million on June 1, for a total of $347 million;
- Davidson Kempner Institutional Partners, $50 million, Oct. 3, for a total of $313 million, managed by Davidson Kempner Capital Management;
- Highline Capital Partners QP, $50 million, Oct. 3, for a total of $271 million, managed by Highline Capital Management;
- MW Eureka (U.S.) Fund, $50 million on Oct. 3, for a total of $297 million, managed by Marshall Wace;
- Lakewood Capital Partners, $30 Million, July 1, for a total of $276 million, managed by Lakewood Capital Management; and
- Canyon Value Realization Fund, $25 Million, Nov. 1, for a total of $229 million, managed by Canyon Capital Advisors.
TCDRS' initial investment of $150 million in Sound Point Credit Opportunities Fund on Nov. 1 was previously reported.
Paul J. Williams, chief investment officer, said in an e-mail that the hedge fund investments inadvertently were not posted on the fund's website.
As of Sept. 30, TCDRS had a total of $6.2 billion invested in 31 hedge funds.