Hawaii Employees’ Retirement System, Honolulu, committed $222.5 million total to six private equity buyout funds, said a commitment summary provided by Vijoy Chattergy, chief investment officer.
The six commitments are:
- $51.5 million to Charterhouse Capital Partners X;
- $50 million to Green Equity Investors VII, managed by Leonard Green & Partners;
- $36 million to Advent Global Private Equity VIII-B, managed by Advent International;
- $35 million to Thoma Bravo Fund XII;
- $35 million to TPG Partners VII; and
- $15 million to Waterton Mining Parallel Fund, managed by Waterton Global Resource Management.
Private equity consultant Hamilton Lane made the discretionary commitments for the $14 billion pension fund. The pension fund has previously committed to other TPG, Advent International, Leonard Green & Partners and Waterton funds.
The pension fund has a 13.5% long-term target allocation to private equity and an allocation of about 5% as of Dec. 31.