Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez named five new members to the Department of Labor ERISA Advisory Council.
Mr. Perez on Friday also named current member Mark E. Schmidtke as council chair. Mr. Schmidtke is a shareholder at Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart.
The new appointees, who will begin three-year terms on Jan. 1, are:
- Beth A. Almeida, principal researcher at the Center on Aging at the American Institutes for Research, representing the general public;
- Patricia M. Haverland, vice president, pension fund management for Siemens’ North American operations, representing employers;
- Tazewell V. Hurst III, senior research economist, International Association of Machinist & Aerospace Workers, representing employee organizations;
- Cynthia J. Levering, who retired in 2009 as a senior vice president and consulting actuary at Aon Consulting, representing actuarial consultants; and
- Stacy R. Scapino, partner and global leader for multinational corporate consulting activities at Mercer Investments, representing investment consulting.