New York State Teachers’ Retirement System, Albany, renewed several contracts with investment managers at its board meeting Wednesday.
Each renewal is for one year and goes into effect upon the expiration of the current contract. The renewals are:
- Adelante Capital Management to manage $499.5 million in real estate investment trusts and real estate operating companies, effective July 1;
- Cohen & Steers Capital Management, $286 million in REITS and REOCS in a total-return allocation, as well as $320 million in REITS and REOCS in an income-oriented account, both effective July 1;
- RREEF America, $561 million in REITS and REOCS, effective July 1;
- Wellington Management, $790.5 million in a global aggregate fixed income benchmarked to the Barclay’s Capital Global Aggregate Float Adjusted Bond index in U.S. dollars hedged to the U.S. dollar, effective June 20; and
- LSV Asset Management, $558.8 million in an active ACWI ex-U.S. international equity strategy, effective July 25.
Separately, the $109.2 billion pension fund reported a 2.59% return for the quarter ended Dec. 31, spokesman John Cardillo said in an interview. Audited figures for the quarter ended March 31 are not available.