The aggregate deficit of occupational pension funds in the U.K. Pension Protection Fund’s 7800 index increased 14.3% to £164.9 billion ($261.3 billion) in October.
The figures also reflected revised data for the PPF. Figures released by the PPF for Sept. 30 covered 6,150 funds. The October data covers 6,057 funds in the PPF index.
Total liabilities were £1.364 trillion, up 2.5% compared with Sept. 30, while total assets also increased, by 1.1% to £1.199 trillion. The funding ratio decreased to 87.9%, from 89.2% at Sept. 30.
Of the 6,057 funds, 75.4% had deficits, with the remaining 24.6% had surplus assets.