San Diego State University Research Foundation is making changes to the investment lineup of its $147.3 million 403(b) plan, said Ann Billing, benefits manager, in an e-mail.
The changes were approved following the results of an investment review and benchmarking study, Ms. Billing wrote. TIAA-CREF is the plan’s record keeper.
Previously, the retirement plan’s lineup consisted of 10 TIAA-CREF annuity options along with TIAA-CREF’s Lifecycle target-date fund series. Nine of the annuity options will no longer be available for new contributions under the new lineup. Future contributions will be redirected to the appropriate J.P. Morgan Asset Management target-date fund. J.P. Morgan’s SmartRetirement target-date series will replace TIAA-CREF’s Lifecycle series on Dec. 8.
Additionally, a total of 15 new investment options were added to the plan, starting Oct. 14. The new options are:
- Two international equity funds options, consisting of TIAA-CREF’s International Equity Index Fund and Dodge & Cox’s International Stock Fund;
- Three value equity options, consisting of J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s Small-Cap Value Fund, MFS Investment Management’s Mid Cap Value Fund and Invesco’s Van Kampen Comstock Fund;
- Four blended equity options, consisting of J.P. Morgan’s Disciplined Equity Fund, T. Rowe Price’s Equity Index 500 Fund, Federated Investors’ Mid-Cap Index Fund and TIAA-CREF’s Small-Cap Blend Index Fund;
- Three growth equity options, consisting of Principal Global Investors’ LargeCap Growth Fund, AllianceBernstein’s Discovery Growth Fund and Wells Fargo’s Advantage Small Company Growth Fund;
- Two core-fixed income funds, consisting of Pacific Investment Management Co.’s Total Return Fund and TIAA-CREF’s Bond Index Fund; and
- A TIAA-CREF stable value fund option.