Texas Tech University System, Lubbock, is searching for a firm to provide investment research services for its $1 billion endowment and the operating investment pool, said Timothy Barrett, chief investment officer of the $2 billion system.
Incumbent Strategas Research Partners is invited to rebid.
According to the RFP, the selected firm will be expected to provide “standard global financial market investment research reports” and help the investment staff better understand the following topics:
- current macroeconomic environment both in the U.S. and globally;
- strategic asset allocations among equity, fixed income and alternative investments;
- dynamic allocations among different sectors and industries;
- tactical moves within market dislocations;
- sentiment, technical and fundamental factors; and
- risk management
The one-year contract can be renewed but cannot exceed four years.
The RFP is available on the state's procurement website.
Proposals are due by 4 p.m. CDT on June 20. A hiring decision is expected on June 30.