The retirement services and worksite insurance division of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Co. has made a series of promotions and changes among senior managers, said David Potter, a MassMutual spokesman.
The changes include:
- Eric Wietsma, who had been the retirement services division's senior vice president of investments, will become senior vice president for sales and worksite education organization. His new responsibilities include sales, key accounts, sales engineering, sales operations and retirement education services, according to a MassMutual news release Monday. Mr. Wietsma succeeds Hugh O'Toole, who is leaving the company in June to start his own business, according to Mr. Potter. Details of Mr. O'Toole's plans were not available.
- Brian Haendiges succeeds Mr. Wietsma, and is promoted to senior vice president. Mr. Haendiges had been the division's vice president of investment distribution. His new role “includes leading all investment operations, management of the MassMutual family of mutual funds and its stable value offerings,” the news release said. It also covers the “investment consulting practice that provides retirement plan sponsors with market-leading investment consultation and products.” A replacement for Mr. Haendiges has not been determined, Mr. Potter said.
- William Silvanic, who had been senior vice president and chief financial officer of the division, will lead the division's product organization. Mr. Silvanic replaces Jared Collins, who is joining MFS Investment Management. At MFS, Mr. Collins will be director of global distribution business intelligence, a new position, according to an e-mail from MFS spokesman Dan Flaherty.
- Senior Vice President Keith McDonagh, who has been MassMutual's general auditor, replaces Mr. Silvanic.
- Una Morabito has been promoted to senior vice president for client relationship management. She had been vice president, and her duties will remain the same.
All of the officers report to Elaine Sarsynski, executive vice president of MassMutual's retirement services and worksite insurance division, and chairwoman of MassMutual International.